Wear a mask & keep 6 feet apart at all times
Please share this information with as many people as you can!
Understand & Avoid COVID-19 Contagion
Please share this information with as many people as you can:
- The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
- Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
- The virus is very fragile! The only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much - for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
- HEAT melts fat, therefore it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and anything else. In addition, hot water makes more foam in turn increasing the breakdown of the proteins’ fat layer.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% dissolves any fat molecule, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
- Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
- Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but be careful not to apply directly to skin as it will (chemically) burn.
- The virus is not a living organism like bacteria. Antibiotics cannot kill what is not alive.
- NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While the protein is attached to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours on Copper because it is naturally antiseptic and wood, because it removes all the moisture and prevents the molecule from leaving the surface. 24 hours on cardboard, 42 hours on most metals and 72 hours on plastics. But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
- The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or air conditioners in houses and cars. It also needs moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
- UV LIGHT on any object/surface breaks down the virus protein. For example, it is helpful in disinfecting facial masks for reuse. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
- The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
- Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
- Drinkable alcohols of 40% are not helpful in disinfection.
- Using a mouthwash like Listerine is helpful! There are 65% alcohol versions available in most grocery/pharmacy stores.
- Confined and air-locked spaces make the virus more concentrated and contagious. Keep your space well lit and aerated.
- Wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote controls, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. (If you have not been washing your hands after using a washroom – you should start!!)
- With so much hand washing, your hands will become dry and skin will feel rough. Moisturize dry hands because the molecules may remain in the micro cracks of your skin. For better skin protection, use thicker consistency moisturizers.
- Trim your nails as it is a perfect place for the virus to hide.
- Be patient and practice social distancing, we will get through this!
To all those who read, please forward this information to your family, friends and co-workers.
Port Credit Village Pharmacy - Dr. Fahd Bahrani, Pharmacist.
Getting a good night’s rest and being able to reset after a long day remains a priority that is difficult to obtain for many individuals. There are many alternatives to help make sure that you can rest and reset each night, and using an all-natural aid to help you get there is easier than you think. This guide will tell you the key components that you should look for in a sleep aid, and give recommendations to help you get a better night’s sleep.
No matter the time of year or reason, there are often periods of life when you feel like you’re dragging and lacking energy. You don’t have to sludge through this. There are many things that you can do to help raise your energy levels naturally. This guide will give you different ways to increase your energy levels and help you out of the lull.
As COVID-19 spreads, so do the public’s fears and concerns about the respiratory virus. Researchers around the world (and especially in China) are scrambling to discover a treatment to thwart the spread of coronavirus.