Maca is an incredible plant; growing in the high, in hospitable areas of the Andean mountains where it is cold, windy, and too bright for most plants to live.Maca is of the mustard family, and is also known as Peruvian Ginseng because of its medicinal effects. It has a tangy taste and butterscotch-like aroma. Of all plants grown in the Andes, its nutritional value is among the highest. Today Maca is becoming an important commodity for the Andeans and is often traded for other staples such as corn, rice, and beans.
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
- Organically grown and prepared, ensuring natural taste and active properties in every cup of tea
- Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table
- No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind
- Using good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using good mineral, or filtered water.
- • Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- • This is a powdered herb that blends well with water. It is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time.
- • For maximum potency, tear the teabag open and pour the powdered herbs into your cup before pouring boiling water over them. Stir quickly to blend herbs with water.
- • As an alternative, steep your teabag in just boiled water, cover, and stir frequently. This makes for a more convenient, but less potent tea.
Organic Maca Maca (Lepidum meyenii)