The Wild Cherry tree is native to the south-western United States. The dark outer bark is rough and separates easily from the trunk. Just under the outer bark, is the tender inner bark, which smells of bitter almonds when collected. Wild Cherry has a long history of use and was a herb of importance to the Native Americans. Today, it can be found in many herbal preparations.
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
- Organically grown and prepared, ensuring natural taste and active properties in every cup of tea
- Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table
- No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Wildcrafted Wild Cherry Bark (Prunus serotina)