Over 65% of us experience eye strain symptoms. These are often caused by overexposure and glare from computer, TV and other technological devices. Research has shown that eye strain, or asthenopia, may be relieved by targeted eye antioxidants. Occumax includes the eye’s key nutrients Lutein and Zeaxanthin, in addition to Astaxanthin, Bilberry and N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) that are also clinically proven to increase eye health.
Eye nutrients are, of course, found in foods, but may be easiest to obtain in high amounts in supplement form; and Occumax offers them in a one-a-day formula. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are the predominant antioxidants found in the eye area vital to sight, the macula. Astaxanthin, the most powerful carotenoid, is clinically proven to reduce visual display terminal (VDT) fatigue. The well-known botanical sight-booster Bilberry, and far reaching NAC also help maintain optimal ocular function and reduce risks of age-related eye diseases.
- helps to reduce free radical damage that can cause deteriorating vision, cataracts and age related macular degeneration.
- includes key nutrients for your eyes such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin, in addition to Astaxanthin, Bilberry and N-Acetlycysteine (NAC) that are also clinically proven to increase eye health.
- eye strain can be caused by exposure and glare from tablets, computers, phones, etc. Helps to relieve eye strain or asthenopia due to the antioxidants in this formula.
- contains Lutein: predominant antioxidant found in the area of the eye that is vital to sight, the macula dietary. Occumax uses a special concentrated bioavailable Lutein extract (from marigold flowers) that provides up to 4 times the Lutein found in other formulas.
- contains Zeaxanthin: together with Lutein provides antioxidants for your eyes. It filters harmful computer blue light waves, protects the retina and maintains eye cell health. Research shows Zeaxanthin improves retinal function in early stages of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- contains Astaxanthin: most powerful carotenoid for free radical scavenging. It is 65 times more powerful than Vitamin C, 54 times beta-carotene, and 14 times Vitamin E. Clinically proven to reduce visual display terminal (VDT) fatigue and protect from harmful UVB light.
- contains Bilberry: a botanical sight booster containing anthocyanidins that reduce oxidative stress in the eyes, prevent ocular fatigue, and reduce eye disease risks.
- contains NAC (N-Acetylcysteine): a powerful antioxidant shown in studies to prevent and help reduce degenerative eye disorders.
- one a day capsule.
- tested and verified to be gluten free.
AstaREAL®L 10 (Astaxanthin, Haematococcus pluvialis, 10% Astaxanthin, whole)
Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus, 25% Anthocyanidins, fruits)
Lutein (Marigold Extract 20% Lutein, Tagetes erecta, flowers)
Beta Carotene 5,000 IU
Zeaxanthin (Marigold Extract 20% Zeaxanthin, Tagetes erecta, flowers)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: organic olive oil, beeswax; softgel: gelatin, glycerin, water.
Direction of Use
ADULTS: Take 1 softgel once daily with meal or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have kidney stones, are taking prescription medications.
If you are taking antibiotics, nitroglycerin, are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy family, do not use this product.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.