Herbal Select Borage Oil is grown pesticide-free on the Canadian prairies. Rich in Omega-6 fatty acids — especially Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) — it is cold-pressed and specially processed to ensure purity, potency and safety. Borage oil contains the highest level of GLA of any seed oil.
- improve immune response
- help control weight
- maintain healthy skin and nails
- inhibit certain tumour cells
- reduce diabetic complications
- It has also been used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, PMS, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, alcoholism, allergic eczema, coronary heart disease and brain, breast and colon cancer.
Take 1 softgel (1 g) 3 times per day with meals.
1000 mg of 100% pure cold-pressed borage oil.
Fatty Acid Profile:
Omega-6 fatty acids (550 mg)
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)..............240 mg
- Linoleic Acid (LA)......................310 mg
Omega-9 fatty acids (85 mg)
- Oleic Acid (OA)..........................85 mg
To avoid minor side effects such as bloating,nausea,upset stomach, burping and loose stools (diarrhea),take EFA supplements with meals. Start with lower doses and increase gradually,and/or divide the daily dose into smaller portions.Dividing the dose also helps with absorption.