Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are healthy fats that play a critical role in overall wellness, including mood and brain function, cardiovascular health, and joint health. One of the two groups of therapeutic fatty acids is called omega 6. The active compound in omega 6 is called GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), and even though many vegetable oils used in our diet are a source of omega 6, they do not provide high amounts of GLA. Evening primrose oil is a rich source of GLA and not commonly part of the diet, so therapeutic doses are associated with supplements. The fatty acids in evening primrose oil help balance the hormone-like prostaglandins, which helps relieve symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), rheumatoid arthritis, and skin conditions without adverse effects.
- High potency, standardized soft gelatin capsules
- Providing a minimum 10% (100 mg) GLA per capsule
- Natural vitamin E added to protect the oil from oxidation
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Tested for pesticides and herbicides
- NPN approved
Dosage: Take 1 capsule 3 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
Evening Primrose Seed Oil...1000 mg
(Oenothera biennis) providing 730 mg linoleic acid & 100 mg gamma linolenic acid
tocopherol (natural vitamin E).
Capsule shell: gelatin, glycerin, purified water.
Contains no dairy, wheat, gluten, peanuts or corn.