Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients. Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it but the human system evolved without this ability so we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage, and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine. Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, older people and those with chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, age-related eye disease, and certain cancers.
- Ester-C® is a unique, patented form of calcium ascorbate, which is made when ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C) is buffered with calcium using a water-based process
- The calcium in Ester-C® provides part of your daily calcium requirements
- Ester-C® contains active vitamin C metabolites including L-threonate, which enhance cellular absorption and retention
- Ester-C® is the only form of vitamin C that has been proven to last up to 24 hours in the white blood cells of the immune system
- Less acidic and easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid
- Enhanced with antioxidant bioflavonoids from citrus fruits for superior absorption
- Ester-C® has a clinically proven higher bioavailability and retention rate than other forms of vitamin C
Recommended Dosage (Adult): Take 1-2 capsules daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)...600 mg
from Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate
Bioflavonoids (citrus fruit)...100 mg
Magnesium stearate (vegetable)