Natural Factors Folic Acid delivers 1 mg of folate per tablet, and is more bioavailable in supplemental form than from food. Folate plays an important role in the prevention of neural tube defects when taken prior to conception and during early pregnancy. It helps in the production of red blood cells and factors in the maintenance of good health.
Folic acid works with vitamin B12 to produce red blood cells. It is vital for cell division and it prevents cellular DNA damage. It can help reduce the risk of colon polyps, colorectal cancer and cervical cancer. Folic acid can lower homocysteine levels in the blood. High levels of homocysteine are associated with heart attack and stroke.
- Prevents birth defects in unborn children
- Necessary for proper brain function
- Helps lower homocysteine levels in the blood
- Reduces the risk of colon polyps
- Aids in the production of healthy red blood cells
Folic Acid 1 mg 250 %
Calcium 28 mg 2 %
Phosphorus 21 mg 2 %