Treasured by farmers since ancient times, Alfalfa was known to the ancient Arabs as the “Father of all Foods.” The ancients knew intuitively what we are just re-learning today: Alfalfa contains many important vitamins and minerals. For this reason, it has been used to nourish man and beast throughout the ages.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic Alfalfa Leaf (Medicago sativa)