Catnip is a member of the mint family and grows 2 to 3 feet tall with bunches of flowers and thick stems. It is native to Europe and Asia, but was naturalized to North America by early settlers.
Feline behaviour is powerfully affected by Catnip, causing them to roll upon, chew, and tear to bits any they can find.
Catnip also has numerous uses for humans and is most serviceable in tea form. We hope you will enjoy the faint mint aroma and distinct taste.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic Catnip Leaf (Nepeta cataria)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.