All the herbs in Celebration Herbals Organic Caffeine Free Cornsilk Herbal Tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Cornsilk is the "beard" that can be seen on nearly any variety of corn. Corn is known by the botanical name Zea mays but Cornsilk is known by the botanical name Stigmata maydis or "Mother's Hair." Indian corn was discovered in Central America by Christopher Columbus, where it was cultivated by the Incas (and many other native cultures). He took it back to Spain, where it was frequently known as "TurkeToday, corn is a staple crop in many cultures, but few recognize its herbal benefits
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic Cornsilk (Stigmata maydis)