Pure, naturally occurring oregano oil is known to be therapeutically superior to standardized oils that have been manipulated to guarantee a specific fixed amount of active compound (ie. 80% Carvacrol). Natural oregano oil is also superior to adulterated versions where Carvacrol is artificially boosted to unnaturally high levels (i.e. above 85%), using synthetic Carvacrol or specific techniques.
Joy of the Mountains™ is a Canadian family-owned business, operating since 2001. Our product is recognized each year at the prestigious Alive Awards of Excellence, in Toronto. In 2008, Joy of the Mountains™ Oil of Oregano was a two-time Gold Winner, chosen by Canadian retailers as the Best Herbal and Best Immune Product.
- 100% certified organic. Our wildcrafted Mediterranean Oregano goes through organic certification as an extra means of guaranteeing quality.
- Ideal dilution for safe internal and topical use. Diluted 1:3 in certified organic extra virgin olive oil.
- High potency 75-85% Carvacrol.
- Naturally occurring, “pure” oregano oil not standardized.
- Strict laboratory testing of every batch in Canada by GC/MS to confirm quality and Carvacrol potency.
- Origanum Minutiflorum is used for its consistently high levels of Carvacrol. Carvacrol is the primary active responsible for Oil of Oregano’s infection-fighting reputation.
- Sourced from the alpine regions of Turkey.
- Organically certified by ECOCERT and Pacific Agricultural Certification Society (PACS).
- Manufactured in Kelowna, B.C. by a Health Canada compliant facility.
ORAL: 5 drops, 3-5x/day. For more virulent infections, take 5 drops 10x/day. As a preventative, 3-5 drops as needed. Directions: Hold drops under the tongue for several minutes to allow for sublingual absorption, and follow with water. Or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water. For use extending past 2 weeks, consider supplementing with a probiotic.
TOPICAL: Apply liberally to affected area, several times per day. Allow time for absorption before wiping away excess and/or covering with clothes. Dilute 1:1 in olive oil for sensitive skin, and 1:3 or more for genital region. Avoid eyes and ear canal. Heat sensation is normal.
CHILDREN-ORAL: As a safety precaution, children under the age of 5 should avoid internal use and use topically instead. Ages 5 to 10: 1-3 drops, 3-5x/day. Ages 10 & up: 3 drops, 3-5x/day. Mix with juice or milk, or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water.
CHILDREN – TOPICAL: Infants under 6 months should not be treated with Oil of Oregano. Ages 6 months to 5 years: Dilute a few drops 1:2 or 1:3 in olive oil and apply along the spine and soles of feet. Repeat several times per day. Ages 5 years & up: Apply along the spine and soles of feet. Dilute 1:1 (or more) in olive oil for sensitive skin.