The essential oil of oregano is extracted from the flowers and leaves using steam-distillation, and later blended with certified organic extra virgin olive oil, at a safe dilution of 1:3 (25% oregano oil). Given oregano oil’s caustic nature, dilutions of 1:3, 1:4 and 1:5 are more gentle on the intestinal tract, yet still deliver an effective dose for colds, flu’s and other infections where Oil of Oregano is taken internally. Joy of the Mountains™ 1:3 dilution is also ideal for most topical applications, providing a strong dose of oregano oil with enough carrier oil to prevent irritation. Note that further dilution in olive oil is recommended for sensitive skin (i.e. face, genitals) and younger children.
- 100% certified organic. Our wildcrafted Mediterranean Oregano goes through organic certification as an extra means of guaranteeing quality.
- Ideal dilution for safe internal and topical use. Diluted 1:3 in certified organic extra virgin olive oil.
- High potency 75-85% Carvacrol.
- Naturally occurring, “pure” oregano oil not standardized.
- Strict laboratory testing of every batch in Canada by GC/MS to confirm quality and Carvacrol potency.
- Origanum Minutiflorum is used for its consistently high levels of Carvacrol. Carvacrol is the primary active responsible for Oil of Oregano’s infection-fighting reputation.
- Sourced from the alpine regions of Turkey.
- Organically certified by ECOCERT and Pacific Agricultural Certification Society (PACS).
- Manufactured in Kelowna, B.C. by a Health Canada compliant facility.
- A family-owned business, operating since 2001, in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of B.C.
- ORAL: 5 drops, 3-5x/day. For more virulent infections, take 5 drops 10x/day. As a preventative, 3-5 drops as needed. Directions: Hold drops under the tongue for several minutes to allow for sublingual absorption, and follow with water. Or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water. For use extending past 2 weeks, consider supplementing with a probiotic.
- TOPICAL: Apply liberally to affected area, several times per day. Allow time for absorption before wiping away excess and/or covering with clothes. Dilute 1:1 in olive oil for sensitive skin, and 1:3 or more for genital region. Avoid eyes and ear canal. Heat sensation is normal.
- CHILDREN-ORAL: As a safety precaution, children under the age of 5 should avoid internal use and use topically instead. Ages 5 to 10: 1-3 drops, 3-5x/day. Ages 10 & up: 3 drops, 3-5x/day. Mix with juice or milk, or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water.
- CHILDREN – TOPICAL: Infants under 6 months should not be treated with Oil of Oregano. Ages 6 months to 5 years: Dilute a few drops 1:2 or 1:3 in olive oil and apply along the spine and soles of feet. Repeat several times per day. Ages 5 years & up: Apply along the spine and soles of feet. Dilute 1:1 (or more) in olive oil for sensitive skin.