The essential oil of oregano is extracted from the flowers and leaves using steam-distillation, and later blended with certified organic extra virgin olive oil, at a safe dilution of 1:3 (25% oregano oil). Given oregano oil’s caustic nature, dilutions of 1:3, 1:4 and 1:5 are more gentle on the intestinal tract, yet still deliver an effective dose for colds, flu’s and other infections where Oil of Oregano is taken internally. Joy of the Mountains™ 1:3 dilution is also ideal for most topical applications, providing a strong dose of oregano oil with enough carrier oil to prevent irritation. Note that further dilution in olive oil is recommended for sensitive skin (i.e. face, genitals) and younger children.
- 100% certified organic. Our wildcrafted Mediterranean Oregano goes through organic certification as an extra means of guaranteeing quality.
- Ideal dilution for safe internal and topical use. Diluted 1:3 in certified organic extra virgin olive oil.
- High potency 75-85% Carvacrol.
- Naturally occurring, “pure” oregano oil not standardized.
- Strict laboratory testing of every batch in Canada by GC/MS to confirm quality and Carvacrol potency.
- Origanum Minutiflorum is used for its consistently high levels of Carvacrol. Carvacrol is the primary active responsible for Oil of Oregano’s infection-fighting reputation.
- Sourced from the alpine regions of Turkey.
- Organically certified by ECOCERT and Pacific Agricultural Certification Society (PACS).
- Manufactured in Kelowna, B.C. by a Health Canada compliant facility.
- A family-owned business, operating since 2001, in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of B.C.
- ORAL: 5 drops, 3-5x/day. For more virulent infections, take 5 drops 10x/day. As a preventative, 3-5 drops as needed. Directions: Hold drops under the tongue for several minutes to allow for sublingual absorption, and follow with water. Or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water. For use extending past 2 weeks, consider supplementing with a probiotic.
- TOPICAL: Apply liberally to affected area, several times per day. Allow time for absorption before wiping away excess and/or covering with clothes. Dilute 1:1 in olive oil for sensitive skin, and 1:3 or more for genital region. Avoid eyes and ear canal. Heat sensation is normal.
- CHILDREN-ORAL: As a safety precaution, children under the age of 5 should avoid internal use and use topically instead. Ages 5 to 10: 1-3 drops, 3-5x/day. Ages 10 & up: 3 drops, 3-5x/day. Mix with juice or milk, or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water.
- CHILDREN – TOPICAL: Infants under 6 months should not be treated with Oil of Oregano. Ages 6 months to 5 years: Dilute a few drops 1:2 or 1:3 in olive oil and apply along the spine and soles of feet. Repeat several times per day. Ages 5 years & up: Apply along the spine and soles of feet. Dilute 1:1 (or more) in olive oil for sensitive skin.
Village Vitamin Store does not provide medical advice. Our Website is intended for informational purposes and product inquiries.
It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the Village Vitamin Store Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
At Village Vitamin Store, we Always work hard to ensure the accuracy of the product images and information contained on our website. However, some manufacturing changes packaging or ingredients without notice. and, may be pending updates on our website.
We always recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Village Vitamin Store.
Probiotics are refrigerated in our warehouse to ensure quality and optimal potency.
They are also shipped with a FREE ice pack. Although the product may not be cold when it arrives, the ice pack helps maintain a cooler temperature during transit.