The essential oil of oregano is extracted from the flowers and leaves using steam-distillation, and later blended with certified organic extra virgin olive oil, at a safe dilution of 1:3 (25% oregano oil). Given oregano oil’s caustic nature, dilutions of 1:3, 1:4 and 1:5 are more gentle on the intestinal tract, yet still deliver an effective dose for colds, flu’s and other infections where Oil of Oregano is taken internally. Joy of the Mountains™ 1:3 dilution is also ideal for most topical applications, providing a strong dose of oregano oil with enough carrier oil to prevent irritation. Note that further dilution in olive oil is recommended for sensitive skin (i.e. face, genitals) and younger children.
Joy of the Mountains™ Oil of Oregano guarantees 75-85% Carvacrol, which is the highest potency possible for any oregano species. This is a non-standardized product, and this range accounts for natural fluctuations due to harvest season, climate, altitude and other factors. Non-standardized, unadulterated oils are referred to as “pure” oils because they have retained the naturally occurring phytochemistry of the plants. Aromatherapists are very careful in selecting only the highest quality “pure” oils for use in their practice.
- 100% certified organic. Our wildcrafted Mediterranean Oregano goes through organic certification as an extra means of guaranteeing quality.
- Ideal dilution for safe internal and topical use. Diluted 1:3 in certified organic extra virgin olive oil.
- High potency 75-85% Carvacrol.
- Naturally occurring, “pure” oregano oil not standardized.
- Strict laboratory testing of every batch in Canada by GC/MS to confirm quality and Carvacrol potency.
- Origanum Minutiflorum is used for its consistently high levels of Carvacrol. Carvacrol is the primary active responsible for Oil of Oregano’s infection-fighting reputation.
- Sourced from the alpine regions of Turkey.
- Organically certified by ECOCERT and Pacific Agricultural Certification Society (PACS).
- Manufactured in Kelowna, B.C. by a Health Canada compliant facility.
- A family-owned business, operating since 2001, in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of B.C.
- ORAL: 5 drops, 3-5x/day. For more virulent infections, take 5 drops 10x/day. As a preventative, 3-5 drops as needed. Directions: Hold drops under the tongue for several minutes to allow for sublingual absorption, and follow with water. Or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water. For use extending past 2 weeks, consider supplementing with a probiotic.
- TOPICAL: Apply liberally to affected area, several times per day. Allow time for absorption before wiping away excess and/or covering with clothes. Dilute 1:1 in olive oil for sensitive skin, and 1:3 or more for genital region. Avoid eyes and ear canal. Heat sensation is normal.
- CHILDREN-ORAL: As a safety precaution, children under the age of 5 should avoid internal use and use topically instead. Ages 5 to 10: 1-3 drops, 3-5x/day. Ages 10 & up: 3 drops, 3-5x/day. Mix with juice or milk, or place drops on tongue and swallow with a glass of water.
- CHILDREN – TOPICAL: Infants under 6 months should not be treated with Oil of Oregano. Ages 6 months to 5 years: Dilute a few drops 1:2 or 1:3 in olive oil and apply along the spine and soles of feet. Repeat several times per day. Ages 5 years & up: Apply along the spine and soles of feet. Dilute 1:1 (or more) in olive oil for sensitive skin.