Vitamin D is made naturally in the skin from exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Vitamin D is a nutrient that helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth and helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorus. It also helps your muscles, nerves and immune system work properly.
This form of Vitamin D3 is carefully blended with organic flaxseed oil delivered in an easy-to-swallow softgel. Vitamin D is called "the sunshine vitamin" because we can usually get it from the sun's ultraviolet rays. People who live far away from the equator may make enough vitamin D in their skin during long, gloomy winters. It is essential for bone development and is needed for calcium and vitamin C absorption and it supports the nervous system. Vitamin D plays a dual role as both a vitamin and a hormone. Natural factors uses Vitamin D3, which is the form found in fish oils and eggs, and is produced by sunlight on human skin. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol from animal source) is derived from sheep wool lanolin.
- Aids in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps reduce the risk of development osteoporosis when combined with adequate calcium
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Supports mother and child's health during pregnancy and lactation
- Plays a role in reducing the risk of some cancers
Each tablet contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 25 mcg (1000 IU)