Maca, also known as Peruvian Ginseng, is the superfood of one of the oldest, most advanced civilizations on earth- the Incas. It has been cultivated for 2000 years in the high plateaus of the Andes mountains in Peru, and was once given to Imperial Inca warriors before battle.
Organika®’s Maca powder is made exclusively from the yellow Maca root, most used by Peruvians in daily life. Maca is a nutrient dense, adaptogenic, cruciferous root. Adaptogens are a biological substance found in rare plants and herbs that help the body adapt to change and stress. In fact, repeated use of Maca is like exercising- the body not only adapts, but becomes stronger. It’s traditional use is as a natural energizer, stress-reliever, and aphrodisiac; it nurtures, restores, and enhances stamina.
So, why is our Maca powder gelatinized, and what does that even mean? Gelatinization breaks down the starch molecules, creating a starch-free powder. This makes it more soluble than regular powders, and thus easier to digest, great for those with sensitive stomachs. It also creates a more concentrated powder. Gelatinized Maca is, gram for gram, more nutritionally dense than raw Maca.
Maca contains over 55 beneficial and naturally occurring phyto-chemicals that play a critical role in the hormonal health of our body, affecting our brain, thyroid gland, immune and reproduction systems, making it excellent for balancing hormones. Maca is rich in the dietary minerals calcium and potassium , and contains the trace elements: iron, iodine, copper, manganese, and zinc as well as fatty acids linolenic acid, palmitic acid, and oleic acids. Not only does Maca help us cope with mental and physical exhaustion, but it also has the ability to scavenge free radicals and protect cells against oxidative stress. Maca has been used for everything from boosting the immune system to enhancing mental clarity and libido. In fact, studies show that yellow Maca is unique in that it enhances both men and women’s fertility, but is most effective at increasing women’s fertility.
- Increases energy and endurance
- Increases stamina
- Alleviates chronic exhaustion (fatigue) syndrome
- Improves sexual function in men and women
- Enhances fertility in people and animals
- Helps to regulate menstrual cycles
- Reduces hormonal dysfunction during menopause and andropause
- Can regulate hormonal imbalances
- Aids in alleviating depression- gives a sense of well being
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Has a beneficial action on the circulatory system;
- Speeds wound healing and reduces anemia
- Enhances memory, learning, and mental ability
- Has a beneficial action on the circulatory system; gives skin a more youthful appearance
- Good for healthy teeth and bones
- Acts as a fungistatic and bacteriostatic
- Acts as an anticarcinogen and antioxidant
- Is an alternative to anabolic steroids, helps to build muscle
- Libido enhancer