Our Valerian Tincture is a calmative/sedative that acts as a sleep aid and also helps to relieve nervousness.
• Considered a nervine herb, i.e. part of a class of herbs that tonifies, calms, and heals the nervous system
• Mild sedative and sleep-promoting agent
• Good for states of nervous excitation and anxiety-induced sleep disturbances
• Found in clinical trials to be as effective as benzodiazepines in aiding sleep
• Does not have the untoward side-effects of drugs
Who it’s for:
Take our Valerian Tincture if you’re having problems with getting to sleep and also nervousness and restlessness.
Adults: Take 2.4-4 mL (72-120 drops) 1-3 times daily in a little water on an empty stomach. Alternatively, as a sleep aid, a dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime. An earlier dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken during the evening if necessary. Cautions and Warnings: Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia) or if other symptoms worsen or persist.
Certified Organic Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, root)
Distilled water, certified organic alcohol