Once in the free form, plant sterols affect cholesterol absorption in the intestine.1 Plant sterols displace dietary cholesterol in micelles, resulting in increased cholesterol excreted in the feces and decreased serum cholesterol levels.2,3 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 66 hypercholesterolemic adults, daily supplementation with 0.3-0.5 g of plant sterol esters significantly decreased LDL cholesterol levels in a dose-dependent manner within four weeks.4 Antioxidants further maintain good health by scavenging free radicals to prevent oxidative damage.5 NPN 80032664 10400
- Combination of free plant sterols from Glycine max bean
- Helps lower blood total and LDL cholesterol
- Provides 896 mg of free plant sterols per daily dose
- Source of antioxidants and essential fatty acids for the maintenance of good health
- Includes 10 IU of mixed tocopherol antioxidants per daily dose
- Provides 1392 mg of linoleic acid and 144 mg of ALA per daily dose Biotone EFA is an effective blend of lecithin-derived free plant sterols, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants that helps to maintain optimal health.
Alpha-Linolenic Acid, Calories, Delta-Tocopherol, Flax Seed Oil, Gamma-Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid (LA), Phytosterols,Policosanol, Soy Lecithin, Vitamin E